The Palace!

I think these guys are probably one of the funniest looking things here. I mean, aren't they embarrassed? Oh sure, it's for the honour of the queen and everything but really. I remember when I was a kid and we came to London my sister and I tried to make them laugh. What a crappy job not being able to laugh or talk to people all day! They better get paid well. But if, for some reason, they decided to no longer have them dress this way it would be a shame. Because really, they are one of the iconic symbols of London! So I say - keep 'em! Because we all need something to make us feel better about an outfit we wore and later regretted going out in public in it. You know what I'm talking about. I have at least one of those a week. But then again, I am kind of a fashion fopau.
Okay, here is the Palace! All hail to the Queen! Her Majesty was away on summer holiday and so the palace was open to public for tours. If we would have planned a little better we might have had a chance at going to take a tour. But since we usually don't get it together until around 12 noon we didn't have time. It's another thing to put on our list for next time. But it was a much better day. See... blue sky!!! Changing of the Guards. Pretty cool for the tourists but probably an annoyance for the locals. I don't know - maybe not. But it goes on forever! They just march and march march all around.
"This one time, in band camp..." Just kidding.
So this is a big monument. Yep. Can't remember what it is all about. Boy I really need to start taking some notes here since my memory is just so great. Shoot. Well, it's cool anyway.

Comments