Harrods!

We heard through a friend from church that Harrods was having their big English food festival so being two people who really like to eat we decided to go up to London again for the day.
We take the train to Victoria Station, which is about an hour ride (unless there is an "obstruction" on the tracks then it takes longer - Side Note: When we were returning that evening there was an electrical outage at Haywards Heath and the trains to/from Brighton were all canceled. We ended up having to go a long way around to get back home that night. It ended up being around a 3 hour trip back. Anyway - the side note is that a lot of people jump on the tracks to commit suicide! I know! Terrible! But I guess is happens quite a bit. Maybe once or twice a month. Really sad. But - back to the fun part - food!
So here we are on the train. It's fun to ride and we get to see a bit of the country side too.
I was really excited to go to the toy section of Harrods. I remember just ogling everything in the store when I went when I was younger. It had some really cool toys back then that you never would have found in America. Well, my visit was somewhat disappointing. It basically had all of the same toys and action figures all from America. And I remember there were a lot more cars for children like the one below but there was just this one. Such a disappointment. It was still fun though.
So, on to the food! Again, what I remember of the Food Halls at Harrods were pheasants and pigs and large slabs of beef and chickens all hanging out in this huge area. And the smell - oh the smell was revolting. But there wasn't any of that. It was just like any other store. And we were expecting to have a lot of British foods available to purchase and try right there but you couldn't even eat in the Halls! It was all take-aways (to go). So, I didn't take too many photos of it because honestly I really wasn't that impressed. But of course I got a picture of the candy!
There was this ice cream parlor there with the coolest ice cream (gelato) creations. So of course we had to get one. Mmmm it was really good. And yes, we ate the whole thing and I don't feel bad about it AT ALL!
And what would a day at Harrods be without one of their famous CUPCAKES!!!! Look how pretty they are! Oh, and they tasted just as good as they looked! I got a mini carrot cake and Eric got a mini Smore's.
So happy with my mini cupcake!
Cheers!

Comments

  1. Hi Jen,
    I just found this blog address at your facebook page. Hope you don't mind if I follow your blog while you're gone! I just love to see your explorations! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment