Eric's First Castle

What an exciting day for Eric! He got to visit his very first castle! This particular one is in a small town north of Brighton called Lewes. We took the bus up there and it took about 20 minutes. We learned a lot about the people back then. Did you know that they ate porpoise? It was considered a delicacy. And that eggs and chicken were considered peasant food? It's a good thing I'm not the queen because I would have a hard time eating porpoise.
This is the lovely town of Lewes. Nice isn't it?
This is looking down from atop the castle onto older parts of it.
Here we are at the top!
Such a pretty little place.
Can you find me? I'm practicing my royal wave.
This is one of the little streets. So cute.
After we were a bit hungry but had a big lunch so basically wanted a treat. We went to this cool place called Bill's. They're known for the best apple juice. This isn't some marketing ploy - it was really THE BEST EVER! Oh, I crave it now. And luckily we found out that there is one in Brighton! But we haven't made it over there yet. Anyway, I chose the crumpets and a hot cocoa and Eric got the bread pudding. It came with a little flower on top! Such a yummy place!
Side note - every time I ask for a hot cocoa I get the strangest looks. "You want a what?" I have to say "Please may I have a hot chocolate, please?". Yes, you have to say please for everything or they just think you're really rude. I'm going to be so polite when I come back to the States!
Cheers!

Comments