The Feedings

I hope you're not craving gelato when you read this because if you don't now, you will later.
For the most part we ended up at tourist restaurants because either 1. We didn't do enough restaurant research or 2. The restaurant was in the wrong part of town when we were hungry or 3. They closed just before we got there (this happened a lot - apparently we have to be hungry between 12-3pm, not 3-5pm).
However, we did find a few good places along the way.
This place had flags indicating what menu would be in their language. I thought it was kind of clever. I thought we had every right to plop down at the UK table. After all, we do pay a lot of taxes there!
I always liked the outside atmoshpere of the restaurants. They were all so romantic!
Of course we have to get our daily dose of gelato!
If you want whipped cream on top you say 'Si!' when they ask you, 'Con panna?'
This restaurant was a hidden gem. It was recommended to us by the concierge at the hotel. It's called Hostaria Costanza. It's located within the remains of the tiers of the Pompeo Theatre built approximately around 61 BC.
Last time I was in Rome (about 8 years ago!) I experienced gnocchi for the first time and fell in love. I haven't had gnocchi that good since and was on a quest to find that deliciousness once again. We found it here.
The restaurant was very romantic and we ended up staying for hours.
This restaurant looked like a dive from the outside but was quite fun!
We climbed these dark stairs wondering what culinary adventure awaited.
It was a delicious pizzeria with some seriously good sauce.
I think one of the most memorable "food and beverage" incidences in Italy were the costs of the little Coke bottles. The most expensive Coke we were charged was 5.50 euro! When we got the bill I about died. It was more than my pizza! Who do they think they are? And it didn't even come with ice.

Comments