Our Souvenir

The Circo Massimo was just down the street from our hotel. There wasn't much there but a few Italian boys playing a good game of football!
It was once a chariot race track and entertainment venue but is now just a vacant park.
As you know I love a good market and there happened to be an open market next door to our hotel! They were selling all sorts of olive oils, breads, vegetables, cheeses, pasta and meats. I wish I could have done my grocery shopping there!
My favourite part was the ceiling.
Also down the street from the hotel was the La Bocca della Vertita (Mouth of Truth).
Of course there was a queue to see it.
We got bored waiting and I started to take some photos.
I wish they would let me take this door knocker home for a souvenir.
My favourite was seeing English translated signs.
This was a good one: 'one foto for person'.
The Bocca was one of the last things we saw on our trip. So, we had to document one of our souvenirs. The Roman Belly. A week of pasta, pizza and gelato will give you this: (I don't dare show mine).
Thankfully we passed the truth test and came away with our hands fully intact.

Comments