Interlaken

The second day we were in Switzerland we drove to Interlaken.
The drive was absolutely breathtaking. I just had to stop for some kodak moments.
We arrived to the town of Interlaken and from there we took a train to a little village which I think was Lauterbrunnen. You could easily drive there but we opted for the picturesque journey without the worry of finding a parking space. Turns out we would have been fine driving but taking the train was a great adventure.
Here is the little village. It was pretty quite but during the winder the entire area and Interlaken is a big ski village.
I was seriously in heaven here.
We decided to take a stroll up the road to see a lovely waterfall.
The chalets are real! I'm not in Disneyland! People actually have these as their homes!
Really? Can it be any more beautiful?
This is Staubbach Falls.
This should be a postcard. The entire time I felt I was dreaming.
I want to be buried here. This little cemetery had flowers on each and every one of the graves. Now that's amazing.
We took a short bus ride to the entrance of Trummelback Waterfalls.
20,000 liters of glacial water travels through here every second.
The photos are hard to tell but it was pretty fierce and a fun place to explore.
The view from points in the canyon where AMAZING!
Ben tried to scare us. He succeeded.
We decided to take the scenic route back to Montreux and I'm so glad we did. This is what it looked like the entire drive home. Unfortunately it became dark quickly and drenched rain which made for a slightly white-knuckle drive home. But we were able to detour to Ben's old stomping grounds. I can't remember the name of the town but it was near Sion.
Yes, yes, very romantic.

Comments