Dover Castle

My friend from Utah, Tara, was touring England, Scotland and Paris with her husband and in-laws. I was lucky enough to have a day free to meet her while she was here. We arranged to meet in Dover, which is about two hours (by train) from Brighton. We toured the Dover Castle. It was pretty cool and the location was amazing but I really enjoyed spending the time with her. It was like we had seen each other just the other day and picked up right were we left off. I like that.
But, here are some photos of our get-together.
The Castle is in a beautiful location along the White Cliffs and on a clear day you can see France!
Tara was hungry and decided to make some bread.
Just kidding. It's fake.
My best shot of the White Cliffs. I really need to bring Eric here and tour the area more.
We took a tour of the wartime tunnels. We weren't allowed to take photos for some reason but the tour was pretty interesting. It took us through what it would have been like living in the tunnels and not seeing daylight for months on end during the war. No thank you. I couldn't have done it. I was claustrophobic after 30 minutes! It was damp, stuffy and cold in there.
Thanks for letting me crash your vacation Tara (and Tara's family)! It was lovely seeing you and I miss you!

Comments

  1. Yay! I finally make an appearance in Jen's blog! Thanks Jen! It was good seeing you, too. :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment