I've been quite the slacker lately on my posts. A lot has been going on since we've been back in the States. Getting our lives back in order has been time consuming but it's been good to see friends and family once again! 
This post is clear back from Valentine's Day and a few of our farewell parties. 

We went on a double date to the famous Riddle & Finns for our V-day dinner. 
I had the Brighton scallops and oh, my, gosh were they delish! They come from the sea right in our own front yard! Eric and Kevin had some sort of fish they had to debone. Kevin wasn't too keen on the concept but mustered the task and enjoyed the experience.
After dinner we tried (tried is the key word) to send off our Chinese lanterns. The boys tried to fight their battle against the fiercest sea winds.
And for a moment succeeded. Until the wind took the lantern from their gripping hands and smashed against the iron fence, never to take flight into the dark night sky. 
My girls from the bakery took me out for a farewell dinner at this lovely establishment: English's of Brighton. A delightful little seafood restaurant in the heart of the Lanes.
The girls even presented me with this amazing bakery cookbook with a to-die-for recipe of pan au chocolate. They also gave me a pretty special mug with photos of our Peter Andre experience. It will be cherished always.
Our last day was spent with me trying to pack our things but crying the entire time and thinking about how much I'm going to miss everything and everyone - especially Kat. 
Eric, being the dedicated worker he is, spent his last day working. We met his coworkers and a few other friends for a final night out at the pub.


Good times all around. Thank goodness we have a few photos to remember them all!
We miss all of our friends and hope you are all doing well!





















Comments