I LOVE LONDON

We couldn't pass up another lovely Saturday and not do anything.
We joined our friends Claudia and Kevin and spent the day having a grand time.
The Pope was in town and it was crowed. The line to the tube went all the way into Victoria Station. Forget that. 
So, we decided to enjoy the sunshine and walk.

The London Eye

Oh, this city is fantastic.
St. Paul's

Our main objective was to tour Lloyds of London Bank. It was Open House in London last weekend and the bank was one of the buildings open to the public for viewing.

Some hate the building but I really like it.

It is designed by Richard Rogers and completed in 1986.

We were able to see the offices and meeting spaces for the employees. 
The building was much more interesting - and rightly so. 
They have this model of the building on the upper floor - where the executives hang out. 
This model was incredible and I'm sure it cost a pretty pence to have it made. They don't come cheap!



Afterward we were pretty thirsty. In the Lloyds little cafe they had diet Dr. Pepper! I know! I don't like soda but this, this people is one of my loves. I haven't had one of these in over a year. So, as you can tell, I was pretty excited to see that somewhere in England I can get my fix. 
I just might have to become an employee to get it.

And it gets better! We stumbled upon Muji! I love this store. I first discovered it when we were in New York. I bought some chopsticks. 
I can't eat any form of rice or noodle dish without them.

We walked around Soho and went into Liberty (which is so posh - like Harrod's). They had exclusive Manolo Blanics for sale, hundreds of scarves, the Eames lounge chair (which was £5,780 - I so wish I bought the one on Portobello - ya, right), and many other beautiful items that are too far out of my student price range. Later, we had dinner and went to a fun club called Gem then went to Piccadilly Circus.

It's like a mini Times Square minus the Naked Cowboy!

And a trip out is never complete without a bit and bop about a cupcake. 
I didn't try one - they looked too, well, gross really. 
They're called candy cakes. I couldn't tell if it was a cupcake or a muffin. They looked like they belong in a cartoon. Maybe it's going to be the new trend in cupcakes!

Comments