Turkey, 'Stashes and Snow
(the happenings of the last days of November)

The girls (and little guy) met at our hangout for a birthday chai and to catch up on the gossip in our lives. 
 I love our chai dates! Thanks for the birthday gifts girls!
 I went to Kat's on my birthday and we made apple chutney and cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving.
 That night I met up with a few friends for dinner to celebrate my b-day.
 Eric brought some crackers and he won both of them!
 And, if you hadn't noticed, he's sporting a moustache these days. 
Yes, yes he is.
He and Kevin decided to grow one for Movember. Yes, Movember. As woman wear pink ribbons in honour of breast cancer victims, the men grow moustaches to support prostate cancer! 
 At first I hated it and laughed in shock every time I would see him. Now, I've gotten used to it and it's 'grown' on me! 
 We did celebrate Thanksgiving. In fact, I cooked two dinners! But, because we were having such good times I didn't get any photos. But we were blessed to have our friends celebrate with us and share the delicious tradition we Americans devour. 

Today (Dec. 2), We woke to this:
 The town in covered in snow, snow, snow everywhere!
 And, as usual, the country doesn't know what to do with themselves.
 The trains are canceled...
 Flights are delayed and most are canceled because of airport closures...
 But it's beautiful.
 And I'm glad I can stay inside where it's nice, warm and cozy and drink my hot cocoa.
 Except...
 We're scheduled to fly to Switzerland on Saturday morning.
 Will we get to go? 
Will the trains be running?
Will the airport be closed?
 I guess we'll find out tomorrow night!
Cross your fingers we can go!
It's most likely the last trip we will take before we head back to the States. 
And it's the trip Eric has been looking forward to ever since he was in school.
I'm calling it his 'Architecture Pilgrimage'. 
We're seeing the Vitra Design Museaum, Renzo Piano's Beyeler Foundation, Notre Dame Du Haut in France, Kunsthaus Bregenz in Austria, San Benedetg church and Bunder Kunstmuseum in Chur, hitting all of the fabulous Christmas markets in Basel and Zurich, and the highlight...staying at the Therme Vals Spa!!! 
We're so excited and we really hope our plans don't get cancelled.
Wish us luck!

Comments