An Apple A Day

Fall is definitely here. The seagulls have stopped squealing, the tourists have dissipated, the leaves are changing and the air is much cooler. It's the time for cozy sweaters, warm soups and snuggles under the blanket.  It's also time for apples! 
I heard about this apple festival from the girls at work. It sounded like fun so we journeyed through the country about an hour to Middle Farm. 
It is all things apple here. 

They had scones, turnovers, ciders, mead, cakes, sausages, cheeses... all make with apples. And they were pressing their own apples and pears for the best juice in the WORLD! We should have purchased more because it was gone in two days. I HAVE to get a juicer when I get home.
They also had a little carnival for the kiddies. 
This tent had at least fifty different varieties of apples to try and purchase. I think I ended up consuming at least three whole apples from trying them. 
 This was the monster apple. It was bigger than Eric's hand! They grow 'em big here.
These apples were the most disgusting things I have ever had. They were bitter, mealy, sour - just all things nasty. 
I actually spit it out. Yuck.
Cute 'lil pumpkins.
There was fresh Jersey cows milk to sample.
 So we did. 
And it was gooooood.
 There were a few country bands playing in different tents. They weren't that great. But it was fun to hang out on the straw bales and have an apple sausage and some cider. Now that was good.
 Apple sludge for the cows. 
I bet they stay pretty regular. 
 The milking torture room.
It was actually pretty cool to watch how they milk the cows. 
Eric was still keen on buying some of that milk even after seeing the production. 
It was the perfect accompaniment to his apple turnover for breakfast the next morning. 

Comments

  1. OK, that looks absolutely fabulous! I really want to go there someday! LOL @ the regular cows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I want some fresh pressed apple juice! And, you both look so beautiful/handsome. I love this blog---it's like taking a little trip with you each time I read it.
    I love you both-----Mom H.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment