MIA

Okay, so I know we (I) haven't been great about posting lately. Honestly we haven't done much of notable interest. I've had my nose buried in journal articles for school assignments and my dissertation and Eric has been working late at the firm. He's been working so hard he cut off his finger last night! In his dutiful effort to perfect the art of model making he lopped off the top of his index finger.
 It's gross. 
I couldn't look at it as he redressed the wound. 
He had to do it himself. 
What a great mother I'll turn out to be. 
little child: "I'm bleeding mom, can you fix it?" 
me - as I toss him/her a snoopy bandage: "eeeww gross. Here, do it yourself."
Yep. I'll be awarded Mother of the Year. And this comes from someone who had to deal with oozing cadavers as part of her previous career for the past 5 years! 

But we have managed to get out a little. 
We went here


and here for dinner last weekend with some great friends. 
The Raj Pavilion is the BEST place for a curry. Hands down the best we've had since living here. And JB's Diner. Well, that was more of a joke then anything. One of my friends was craving a hot dog (don't ask me why - she's crazy like that) and thought this would be the place to get one. She was right and it was actually not a bad place to go! 

The weekend before I had a girls night with some friends from Uni and Eric went out with his mates from work. 
This is Clair (a very cute Auzie who is always having to beat the boys away with a stick), Laura (the perfect blond Brit who is never at a loss for a good boy story) and Kat (a very astute Danish who never hesitates to speak her mind).


These two girls know how to party. I couldn't keep up! I had to bid them farewell late into the night while they kept on it until the wee hours of the morning. 


We also booked a trip to Rome!
We're going after Term 2 ends (end of March/first of April). We're looking forward to consuming the worlds record of gelato, having authentic Italian pizza and paying a visit to our good friend the Pope! J/K. He's out of town on holiday. Eric said my assignment for him is to make sure he has a gelato in his hand every hour we are there. I think I can handle the task.

Comments

  1. We never made it to JB's Diner, but I would recommend Woody's Diner for a similar feel. Lots of funny Americana!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment